Although this recipe uses a Loprofin sliced loaf, any suitable low protein sliced bread can be substituted.
- 1 Loprofin Low Protein sliced loaf
- 150g butter; softened
- 4 cloves garli; crushed
- 1 tsp of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp of fresh basil
- 1 tsp of chilli
- 1 tsp of tomato puree
- salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to: 200 C/400 F/Gas Mark 6
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter salt and garlic.
- Divide into small bowls and add flavourings.
- Spread the butter mixtures thickly over slices of the bread.
- Cut into fingers or shapes using cutters.
- Place butter side up, on a baking tray and place in a preheated oven for 5- 10 minutes, until crisp and golden.
Freeze some of the buttered slices and cook from frozen in the same way.