- 225g (9oz) Loprofin Mix
- 2.5mlsp (1/2 tsp) salt
- 75g (3oz) soft brown sugar
- 1 x 15mlsp (1tbsp) ground ginger
- 1.25mlsp (1/4 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 1.25mlsp (1/4 tsp) Loprofin Egg Replacer
- 50g (2oz) hard margarine
- 50g (2oz) lard
- 50g (2oz) black treacle
- 125 – 150ml (5 – 6floz) water
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4
- Grease a 20cm (8inch) shallow square tin and line the base with non stick paper
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place the margarine, lard and treacle in a pan over a moderate/low heat, stir occasionally until melted, stir in 125ml (5floz) water.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat together the melted mixture and dry ingredients until a smooth batter. If the batter is too stiff, add extra water.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and level the surface, bake in a preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 16 slices.