This is a really tasty soup. Delicious served with any Fate Low Protein bread.
It’s very easy to do, as the “roasting” of the pepper is done in the saucepan first, before the other ingredients are added. The recipe makes just over 2’/2 litres of soup.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 400g onion, chopped
- 2 large red peppers, roughly chopped into chunks
- 300g carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 x 400g tin tomatoes
- 2 suitable vegetable stock cubes
- 600mls water
- salt and pepper to season
- Place a large saucepan onto heat, add the oil.
- Wait until it is hot, then add the chunks of red pepper. It should sizzle loudly straight away.
- Put a lid on the pan and leave to cook for about 5 mins until softened and blackened slightly. (Don’t worry, the black bits will give the soup its savoury “roasted” flavour)
- Add the onion and carrot and cook again with the lid on for a further 10 mins until softened and browned.
- Add the tins of tomatoes, vegetable stock cubes, and water. Season with salt and pepper. Leave to cook gently for about 20 – 30 mins.
- Leave to cool a little, then either use a liquidiser or a hand held blender to blend until smooth.
- Return to the heat to heat through again.
- Serve with any warm Fate bread  and Fate croutons . The soup freezes well.
Eileen Green © ~ Fate Special Foods