- 200g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix
- 50g butter or block margarin
- Pinch of salt
- 30g castor sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g mixed dried fruit
- 150mls water
- Extra Fate Low Protein All-Purpose mix for shaping
- Pre-heat the oven. Gas Mark 7/200C/425F
- Place the Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix into a bowl. Rub in the butter. Stir in the salt, sugar, baking powder and dried fruit.
- Add all the water and stir well using a metal spoon, for about 30 seconds. The mixture will be very soft, but leave it for about 2-3 minutes and it will thicken.
- Turn the mixture out onto a work surface lightly dusted with Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix. You do not have to knead the mixture at all.
- Dip your hands in a little extra Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and gently pat the scone mixture into a piece about 3-4cms thick.
- Cut into 6 rough squares or use a biscuit cutter and cut into 6 rounds.
- Place onto a greased baking tray and bake for about 12-15 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
The scones freeze well.