These add a crunchy bite to hot or cold soups, or just a spoonful or two tossed into a salad at the last moment makes it more substantial.
As long as they are stored in an airtight container, they keep for ages. You can cook them without using the garlic, but I find it just gives them a little bit more flavour.
- Sliced Fate low protein bread.
- 1 clove garlic
- a little olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 3, 160°C (325°F).
- Cut the Fate bread into small cubes about 1cm.
- Cut the clove of garlic in half and rub it all over the surface of a baking tray, then lightly grease the tray with a little olive oil.
- Put in enough bread cubes to cover the surface in one layer.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes until dry, crisp and toasted. Turn them over about halfway through baking. Leave to cool.
Eileen Green © ~ Fate Special Foods