- 1 x 250g Fate Cake Mix
- 50g hard margarine or butter
- 500g apples
- caster sugar
- Pre-heat the ove to gas mark 6/200 degresss
- Place the Fate Cake Mix into a bowl and rub in the margarine or butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Peel, core and roughly slice the apples. Place into an ovenproof dish or foil container and add a little sugar to sweeten the apples.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top and bake for 30-35 until golden brown. Serve hot.
Other fresh or canned fruit can be used, such as plums, damsons, rhubarb or a mixture of summer fruits like blackberries, apricots and raspberries.
The crumble freezes well. Defrost before re-heating.
Eileen Green ©-Fate Special Foods